Pages

dimanche 29 janvier 2012

What to Expect When You Are Expecting

The first thing that my husband did when I told him that I was pregnant was to go to the library and buy the book 'What to Expect When You Are Expecting', by Heidi E. Murkoff.
The book dedicates a chapter for each month and explains the changes that you can expect to experience during each month, the tests that you will have done and pretty much everything that you want to know about. It is a great book. I have to say that I read it from the first page to the last one, but it is also very handy for checking a few things along the way. I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering to get pregnant, start reading it before and it will give you a good idea of how to take care of yourself for the pregnancy (the earlier the better).
The book also shows you different exercise that you can practice during the pregnancy and that will help you to have an easier labour. During my pregnancy I found that keeping active helped me a lot. I didn't suffer any liquid retention or swollen ankles and I think it is because I walked every day until the day that I gave birth. Walking is one of the best exercises that you can do during pregnancy, you do not need any equipment, you are outdoors, you can control the intensity easily, you can do it with friends, you can chat at the same time and even go shopping. And the best part is that it helps to your baby to put himself in the right position for birthing.
After I had my baby a friend bought 'What to Expect During the First Year' as a present for me. I have to admit that I haven't been able to read it as much in detail as I did it with the other one, mainly because once you have the baby it is very difficult to find time to read... so my recommendation is read both during the pregnancy, hehe. It seems very good too, there is one chapter dedicated for each month of the baby's life.
During my pregnancy I read a lot of book and I found many that I could recommend, but if you have to buy just one then I would suggest to buy 'What to expect when you are expecting'.

Article Source: http://adf.ly/55lo2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire